Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a "prosthodontist"?
A prosthodontist is a dental specialist who has completed additional specialty training in the replacement
restoration of teeth beyond what is taught in dental school.
- Why should I choose a prosthodontist to perform my dental treatment?
Due to their specialty training, prosthodontists are often more familiar with the unforseen
variables and treatment options for your dental situation.
- Are there any other reasons I should seek treatment at your office?
YES! We pride ourselves in having the most current dental technicians (labs) available ON SITE
to help with your questions and treatment needs. This gives you your best chance of the best
end-result the FIRST time!
- What is the best way to replace a missing tooth?
There a three ways to replace a missing tooth: an implant, a bridge, or a removable partial.
best for you depends on your time frame, finances, and functional and esthetic expectations.
- What is involved in the placement of a dental implant?
A titanium post (screw) is placed where the natural tooth roots should have been previously.
there is a healing period of a few months prior to attaching the final restoration(s). A temporary
tooth/teeth can be fitted for the duration of the healing phase.
- How long will I be "under the weather" following getting the implants?
Most people who get implants say it was easier putting the implants in than it was to remove
own teeth! Many have said ," If I'd known it would be that easy I'd have done it a long time
- Is there a way to lighten my teeth without re-doing all my teeth?
YES! Bleaching of teeth is probably one of the most universally accepted treatments in dentistry
today! People from ages 10 to 85 have achieved great results in our practice from current
techniques. Ask to find out which is best for you!
- If my teeth are discolored beyond what bleaching can solve do I have any other
YES! Either porcelain veneers( partial tooth coverings or "facings" ), or crowns/caps ( complete
covering of teeth ) can create the smile you've always desired. Which is best for you depends on
intensity of the color being masked.
- Once I've started my veneers or crowns how long until I receive my permanent teeth?
You will be custom-fitted with visually acceptable plastic temporary teeth that will be worn for
weeks until your final teeth are ready.
- Do you offer financial options?
YES! Please call 1(801)226-6565 to find out more!